The Andamans & Nicobar are a group of islands that lie in the Bay of Bengal of the East Coast of India. Port Blair is the capital & is a beautiful, clean & well laid out city which can be made a base for exploring the islands around. It is connected by flights to Chennai & Kolkata. Of course for those with time and inclination, it is possible to reach by ship too. Distances by sea: Kolkata 1255 kms; Chennai: 1190 kms. That's a long way indeed.
For a very interesting trip, I would like to acknowledge
- BNHS for organising a well planned trip
- Group leaders Sudhir Sapre & Asif Khan for all the hectic efforts they made in making the trip enjoyable
- Pobitra, Mr. Chaudhary & the staff of Corbyn's Cove for making the facilities of their charming resort so comfortable
- The drivers & guides for ensuring we reach the right place at the right time & showing us the endemics.
- My fellow camp mates & friends for being wonderful camp mates.
- All the birds especially the Andaman endemics for making their appearance!!!